Protecting Montana Consumer Rights Since 1980
When economic times get hard the scam artists have a way of finding new ways to take advantage of people. If you've been victimized by mortgage fraud, a serious warranty violation, or problems with insurance coverage, the attorneys of Edwards & Culver can advise you about your rights and help you protect your interests.
Contact us in Billings for a free consultation about your options.
Statewide Client Service on Consumer Protection Issues
Our basic mission has always been to help ordinary Montana families and businesses recover the losses they've suffered at the hands of corporations, insurance companies, and financial institutions. This objective informs our personal injury practice, our commercial litigation practice, and our environmental law practice.
On the level of consumer rights, our lawyers help people as homeowners, investors, or small business owners around the state on a wide variety of problems, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Advertising defamation
- Neglect or abuse in nursing homes
- Securities and investment fraud
- Bad faith insurance practices
- Construction defects and warranty litigation
- Negligence or malpractice in professional services
- Real estate fraud in title, financing, or property conditions
- Warranty violations in the purchase of vehicles, mobile homes, and other big-ticket consumer transactions
- Environmental claims related to a previous owner's pollution, contamination from an owner upstream, or damage left behind under an oil or gas production lease
Our familiarity with the demands of complex civil litigation also allows us to pursue consumer protection class action claims in situations where many people have suffered similar losses, but no individual case is big enough to make separate lawsuits economically feasible. To learn more about these, do not hesitate to call us today.
To learn more about our experience with consumer protection issues of many kinds in Montana, contact the AV-rated* law firm of Edwards & Culver in Billings for a free consultation. Call (406) 215-4735 now.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.