John W. Edwards was born and raised in Billings, MT and graduated from Billings West High in 1998. He graduated from the University of Montana with a B.A. in Communication Studies in 2003 and completed his law degree from the University of Montana in 2008.
John spent his formative years in Billings and working summers on a ranch in central Montana before attending undergraduate school at the University of Montana.
While at the University of Montana, John was fortunate enough to receive his education while participating in intercollegiate athletics. This opportunity allowed John to participate in two Football I-AA National Title games; one being successful in 2001. Between his undergraduate degree and Law School, John interned for the Edwards Law Firm and decided to follow his brother and father in the practice of law.
Together Cliff, Chris and John practice law with their firm Edwards & Culver. Further, they share other family businesses to include Edwards Jet Center of Montana, a full service FBO, in Billings Montana that employs nearly 70 employees, along with various real estate and ranching businesses.
As a fourth generation Montanan, John enjoys hunting, fishing, skiing, and spending time enjoying the diversity of Montana with his wife Hollis, their daughter Ellison Marie, and their son William Wright.
John was admitted to the Montana State Bar in 2008.
He is a member of the Montana Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, American Bar Association and a board member of the Montana Board of Public Education. He is licensed to practice in all Montana State Courts, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Aviation / Airplane Accidents
- Railroad Accidents
- Class Actions
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Bankruptcy Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Agriculture Law
- Banking & Finance Law
- Construction Law
- Employment Law
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Securities Law
- Toxic Torts
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Montana, 2008
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 2008
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- University of Montana, Missoula, Montana
- B.A. - 2003
- Major: Communication
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Montana State Bar Association, 2008 - Present
- American Association for Justice, 2008 - Present
- American Bar Association , Member, 2008 - Present
- Montana Board of Public Education, Board Member, 2009 - Present
- Yellowstone Bar Association
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association, 2008 - Present